What does a Warehouse Assistant Manager do?
As an assistant warehouse manager, you will be supporting the warehouse manager to ensure the safe, efficient and accurate hire and return of equipment. Whilst organising and helping the warehouse operatives to complete their workload, you will also take on extra projects and responsibilities to support the warehouse manager in the development of the department.
The duties of our warehouse operatives include:
- Accurately checking in and checking out equipment
- Regularly loading equipment onto and off trucks and vans
- Inspection, cleaning and maintenance of rigging equipment
The duties of an assistant warehouse manager include:
- Maintaining a tidy, organised and safe warehouse
- Organising, delegating and helping out as required
- Acting on behalf of the warehouse manager when they are unavailable
- Coaching and developing new and existing staff
This job is for someone who…
- Enjoys working alongside others to lead a team
- Is unafraid of hard work and has great manual dexterity
- Wants to be part of the entertainment industry supply chain
Why work for UK Rigging?
The UK Rigging warehouse is a shared space, allowing different departments to easily collaborate on a wide range of services and projects. The business also provides multiple services, with an onsite office, shop and training centre too, so there’s plenty of room to develop your talents within this rapidly growing company. If you’re ready to work hard, learn something new and be your best, then UK Rigging is your kind of organisation.
Do you have the right skills?
- Leadership; you will be coaching others and helping to lead a team
- Manual work; you’ll be lifting and moving heavy objects
- Dexterity; you’ll be using your hands to complete a range of tasks
- Responsibility; you can be trusted to set a good example, acting with integrity and honesty
- Great attitude; happy to pitch in and do what it takes to get the job done
What makes this job enjoyable?
- Excitement; be part of the entertainment industry supply chain
- Variety; work with an array of clients, tours, venues and installations
- Development; embed yourself within a successful, growing company
- Reward; long closure over Christmas and New year, cashback on health expenses and paid overtime
Where and when will you be working?
Hours per week: 35 hrs a week, plus optional paid overtime