What does a Warehouse Operative do?
- Accurately checking in and checking out equipment
- Regularly loading equipment onto and off trucks and vans
- Maintaining rigging equipment
- Keeping track of repairs
- Maintaining a tidy, organised and safe warehouse
- Using IT systems to track equipment and repairs
- Continuously learning about new equipment for the changing environment
This job is for someone who…
- …enjoys working as part of a team
- …is unafraid of hard work and has great manual dexterity
- …wants to be part of the entertainment industry supply chain
Why work for UK Rigging?
The UK Rigging office is a shared space, allowing different teams to easily collaborate on a wide range of services and projects. The company provides multiple services, with an onsite warehouse, shop and training centre too, so there’s plenty of room to develop your talents within this rapidly growing company. If you’re ready to work hard, learn something new and be your best, then UK Rigging is your kind of organisation.
Do you have the right skills?
- Manual work; you’ll be lifting and moving heavy objects
- Dexterity; you’ll be using your hands to complete a range of tasks
- Responsibility; can be trusted to complete solo tasks
- Great attitude; happy to pitch in and do what it takes to get the job done
- Warehouse operatives have the option to train as a rigger alongside their warehouse duties
- You would learn about arena rigging through working in the warehouse and training at various venues across the UK
- Being able to drive and owning a car is hugely beneficial, but not essential
- All equipment is provided
Warehouse vs. Freelance
- This job role is a long term route to becoming a rigger, offering stability and an extra depth of learning which may lead to becoming a project manager.
- For a faster, self-employed route to becoming a rigger, look at this page; How to Become a Rigger
What makes this job enjoyable?
- Development; work alongside experienced riggers and project managers and learn valuable skills to further your career
- Excitement; be part of the entertainment industry supply chain
- Variety; work with an array of clients, tours, venues and installations
- Reward; Paid holiday, paid overtime, pension and extra shifts available to boost your salary
Where and when will you be working?
- Location: Bolton Office, and onsite if you chose to pursue rigging
- Hours per week: 35 hrs a week, plus paid overtime
- To apply, please email your CV to [email protected]