UK Rigging provide the riggers for 50-70% of UK tours
With UK Rigging:
- Prices are competitive.
- Riggers are NRC qualified.
- Suitable, competent teams of riggers are carefully selected to suit the event and venue.
- Full time staff form part of the team to ensure the tour rigger, client and workforce are satisfied.
- Riggers have a more positive attitude for UK Rigging; they know we care.
- Work is always carried out safely according to practicable systems of work.
- Riggers work quietly, happily and efficiently for UK Rigging.
- The primary aim is always to provide the best service.
To discuss your rigging requirements, please contact Jessica Hirani
01204 391343 / Jessica@ukrigging.net
Be aware when choosing your production rigger supplier
Tour managers, production manager and promoters representatives need to be aware that responsibility, and consequently liability, may fall to you if an accident occurred. You must be able to demonstrate that the company you employ to provide your riggers is competent to do so and fully compliant with current legislation and procedures.
With UK Rigging, work is carried out safely according to safe and practicable systems of work. Necessary paperwork and monitoring is carried out to ensure safety, taking the liability away from the client. For every event, UK Rigging supply a job specific health and safety file detailing how the work will be carried out.
In order to maximise efficiency and safety, riggers are carefully selected using the following criteria:
- Qualifications and training; in particular the NRC and NELC qualification, training courses involving PPE awareness and correct usage, rigging skills, safety and work at height courses, rescue training, first aid and specialised equipment training (such as MEWP)
- Competence and suitability for carrying out each area of rigging (for example ‘arena grounding’, ‘MEWP rigging’). This is assessed, recorded and regularly updated by full time onsite representatives
- Attitude; again this is assessed, recorded and regularly updated by full time onsite representatives
- Appropriate insurance
Rigging is potentially very dangerous!
UK Rigging Endorse the NRC
“Our Company is committed to adopting the National Rigging Certificate (NRC). We will only appoint contractors/suppliers to carry out rigging work who have qualified as a Rigger holding the NRC ID Skills Card for Level 2 Rigger or Level 3 Rigging Supervisor. Trainees will be working in conjunction with someone holding the NRC Card.
We believe that this will support a culture of health and safety awareness, maintain best practice, and recognise the skills and knowledge of those who currently work in rigging.“
To read more about the PLASA NRC endorsement scheme click here.