Three Day Rigging for the Entertainment Industry Course
£840.00 inc. VAT
Make a booking
This course lasts for 3 days in a row
£840.00 inc. VAT
In Association with Total Training
This course offers both practical and theoretical rigging content. You will learn the responsibilities of individuals, the safe use of typical equipment and techniques involved in lifting and rigging safely in the entertainment industry. Participants will obtain the benefit of training in a safe and controlled environment.
- Current legislation and regulations, including HASAWA, PUWER, LOLER, the Work at Height Regulations and how to carry out risk assessments
- Working at height including work restraint, work positioning and fall arrest. This is carried out at low level on the practise beam and catenary, then on beams at height.
- Principles of lifting and safe systems of work.
- Marking out.
- Rigging with a variety of typical rigging equipment including steels, roundslings and shackles.
- Calculating simple bridles and weight distribution relating to bridling.
- Using trusses correctly, slinging and load distribution.
- Operating chain hoists using direct control and low voltage hoist controllers.
- Steel wire rope terminations.
- Pre use checks to lifting equipment and PPE.
Each candidate receives an in depth set of course notes and certificate of course completion.
This course provides relevant training and valuable evidence towards the PLASA National Rigging Certificate Qualification (NRC) and National Event Lifting Training (NELT).
Location: This course is usually delivered at UK Rigging but can be delivered at a clients premises.
Cost: £700 + VAT per person
Student to Trainer Ratio: 6:1
Suitable For: Novices, or as a refresher / knowledge reinforcement course for more experienced riggers.
Requirements: Suitable clothing and footwear for climbing around on beams. UK Rigging will provide everything else including PPE for Working at Height.
If you are interested in a course, or have any further questions, please email [email protected] and we will be happy to help.